Thursday, July 19, 2012

17 Challenge: Polka Dots

Good evening everyone!  Like I promised, I have another nail design to share. 

This is another post in the "17 Challenge Series:" PoLka DoTs (for some reason I thought that alternating upper and lower case letters would look like polka dots...)


The base color is Strawberry Margarita by OPI and the dots are made by using NYC Lexington Yellow (shown in the picture above) and a distorted bobby pin.  Of course Seche base and top coats were used.  

I also use OPI Chip Skip, but I'm not quite sure if that actually makes a difference.  That'd be a great future post, an experiment to see if it actually makes your nails skip chips.  I'll keep that on the back burner for ideas.  I'll even start a draft so that I don't forget. 

The pamphlet that had the suggested 17 designs showed the polka dots as just scattered around each nail, but since I didn't really want that many polka dots, I decided to just do two lines of polka dots that "take a journey" across the width of each nail.  I tried to connect the lines from nail to nail, but it was kinda hard to line them up.  This was the best I could do.


The Strawberry Margarita was just a mini OPI nail polish.
\My hand isn't gigantic, if that's what you thought.




Overall, I think this is an interesting and fun take on the regular polka dots.  And it's so easy too, it's like using a stamp, it's hard to go wrong.  

Stay tuned for more 17 Challenge nail designs, as well as other nail polish posts and my first Influenster post.  If you don't what Influenster is, then I guess you'll just have to come back and read about it.  In the meantime, you can go ahead and vote for your favorite nail polish in the poll on the left and look at previous posts.

Until next time : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of John Mayer: "Say what you need to say"