Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gilmore Girls is Living Proof

NOTE: I started this post way back in August 2011 and I don't fully remember where I was going with it at first, but this is what the final looks like.

Even though Gilmore Girls seventh season ended in 2007, I still can't get over the fact that Jess and Rory did not end up together.

First things first, go ahead and peg me for one of those sappy girls who always wants the bad boy and good girl to end up together.  One of those people who watches those comedic dramas and starts living their life based on what they see on t.v.  I have no problem with that.  To you all I say: "Gilmore Girls was a fantastic show, and in the case of this post, a learning experience for all future actors/actresses that find themselves in the same positions."


Even if you weren't a Jess/Rory fan, you could almost predict that they were going to end up together.  But they didn't.  Why not?  Because Jess and Rory dated for real.  By Jess and Rory I mean Alexis Bledel and Milo Ventimiglia, the characters who played them.  They dated in real life, and then someone's heart got broken and so the producers couldn't write their characters happy endings the way they should have been written because the actor and actress did not want to be in that situation after their breakup.

So for all those couples out there who are on the same show and are dating in real life ... 1) think about where you think your relationship will go 2) if the writers would even contemplate the two of you ending up together and 3) "wwft" what would fans think?  

While writing this, I thought about Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder's ongoing relationship.  If you all don't know about this or haven't seen The Vampire Diaries, I would probably stop reading.  But for those of you who know what I'm talking about, I'm not sure what to think about this relationship.  I love the couple in real life (they both are really beautiful), but on the show, I'm not certain if I want Damon and Elena to be together or if Elena should end up with Stefan.  Just please take precautions.

If The Vamp Diaries is anything like Gilmore Girls (which it really isn't) then Damon would be kicked off the show, and Elena would end up with nobody.

Personally, I hope it does not follow after Gilmore Girls, and I'm sure most other Vamp fans would agree with me on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of John Mayer: "Say what you need to say"