Monday, April 23, 2012

My Glass Nail File

Readers, this is my beautiful glass nail file that use every time I do my nails.



My mother bought this at one of those craft fairs four or five years ago.  (I think it was $3, which compared to the prices now, is not a lot for a file).  At the time, I really wasn't that into nail polish, so I didn't pay any attention to it.  But a couple years ago, my mother suggested I use this for when I shape my nails.  Now it pains me---I literally cringe---every time I don't get to use this nail file. 


Basically, it's your regular glass file.  One side is more gritty (rougher) than the other, but I can't remember which.  I mostly just use the one with the diamonds on them because I can grip it better.    After I take off the previous nail polish, most of the time I wash my hands in warm, soapy water and go straight to filing my nails.  I don't know if that is the healthiest way to do it, but it works for me.  If it's been while since I clipped my nails, then I go ahead and take some clippers and then file.


I haven't been a fan of any other shape than the round nail look.  I did try a squarish shape (for pictures click here!) but it really wasn't even that different.  Almond nails always look cool, but I'm a little to conservative to try that look, so I just stick to basic shape of my cuticle and smile line.

All in all, this is THE BEST file that I have ever used, and I'm sure other glass files will produce the same results.  What is your favorite finger nail file?

P.S.  Connect Four!  This is my fourth post in a row, and I am really excited about that.

P.P.S.  There's a sneak peak of my NOTW for this week in that last photo.  So look for that one tomorrow (if I have any brain power left after I take the ACT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of John Mayer: "Say what you need to say"