Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shopping...ugh

I have never really been a shopper.  I just don't see the fun in it.  To me, when someone says, "hey, do you want to go shopping with me?" all hear is, "hey, do you want to walk around a store for an hour and try and clothes and then leave without buying anything?"

Now I know that's not really what should happen when a person goes shopping, but that's what happens when I do.  Today, my mother sent me to the store today with a giant gift card so that I could buy some new jeans and some shoes (I really do need some new ones, almost all pairs of both have a rip in them).  But all I could do is walk around, look at sale racks, grab things and try them on.  Either none of them fit, or they didn't have my size, or there was just something about them that I didn't like.  I went to THREE stores and didn't find not one thing.

Honestly, I need to get a personal shopper.  It's not like I don't like clothes or I don't have any fashion.  I just feel like it's a waste of time going to the store when there isn't a guarantee that I'll find something.  With a personal shopper, she could just buy everything for me, whatever is the latest style, and it would just appear in my closest, without me having to try it on.

See, that's another thing, I don't like trying to things on.  For example, on Sundays, I get up and put on my church clothes (skirt, blouse, stockings, etc.) and go to church.  But when I come home, I just leave whatever I have on on.  I don't like changing my clothes to get more comfortable unless I'm going to bed. So I'll find myself wearing the same outfit for an entire day just to avoid changing clothes.

I don't know where I got this perspective from.  My mother likes to shop, even my brother goes out to buy some new clothes and shoes.  I guess I spend too much time wondering about my upcoming test or something to actually enjoy the moments when I'm shopping.

But at least I don't have a problem shopping for nail polish, or else this blog would be non-existent.  And we don't want that, do we?

P.S.  If you have any tips on how to make my shopping experience better, please let me know. These jeans and shoes I'm wearing right now don't have but a few more weeks left...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of John Mayer: "Say what you need to say"