Sunday, July 24, 2011

Then Again...Maybe I Didn't Fail?

As on a previous post, I mentioned how I failed my "Summer To-Do List."  However, as of yesterday, I didn't completely fail at all of the items.

At first I was thinking that goal #2 was a big fat FAIL!  I hadn't completed a crochet or knit pattern, so it basically was a fail.  Early into the summer I started to knit a scarf.  I got the pattern from Michael's for free (hey now!) and decided to give it a go.  Now knitting a scarf in the middle of summer may seem like a crazy, wild, high on drugs, idea...but at the pace I was going, I might just have made it in time for the last light snow storm.  I would knit here and there, and then stop.  There was a while that I was going on pretty strong, I was knitting while watching episode after episode of How I Met Your Mother and eventually got finished with one skein.  This is when I officially took a break (which I am still taking now).  I don't really know how to join yarn in knitting, so I just...haven't.  As I'm sitting, I'm staring at my unfinished scarf and a new skein of yarn, no where close to being combined into one.  

I was ready to stuff all my yarn, knitting needles, and crochet hooks into my closet to collect dust.  That is until I found a really cute heart crochet pattern online.  It was such I a cute pattern I had to try it.  (Here's the link if you know how to crochet)  So I got out my crochet hook, some purple and white yarn, and went to crocheting.  Purple and White are my school's colors.  I can now officially say that I have completed ONE of my goals on my to-do list for this summer.  Check out the finished project!

Like the feet in the background?


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of John Mayer: "Say what you need to say"